Brad, Lisa, Makenna and Tanner

Monday, August 10, 2009

Giddy

Tonight's big adventure in the world of Dental hygiene school was practicing giving each other nitrous oxide(laughing gas as its well known). I have only received this one other time when I got my wisdom teeth out when I was 16. Which I was put under for, hence not many memories from it. Tonight I had several students standing around watching as I waited for the nitrous to kick in. It took a long time and they kept having to raising the level. Finally, I got that oh so tingly and happy feeling that comes with it. Then I just started to laugh and laugh. I could not stop myself and everyone around me was laughing so it just kept coming. I think it would have gone on all night if they hadn't turned it down. What a goofy feeling. I felt like I was in Mary Poppins when they are all floating at the top of the room having a giddy tea party.

4 comments:

Rob, Michelle, Luke & Harper said...

Wow, that is so funny. I didn't realize how much you all go through for the sake of learning :o)

Erin Willis said...

Now that would have been fun to see! Thanks again for standing in line for me this morning. We got a spot in the class we wanted. Yay! Merry Trismus!

Julie Rowse said...

I wish I could have seen that. Maybe you could swipe some and do a little at-home demonstration!

allie askins said...

i am so glad i was there to witness that. although i am super sad we didn't get it on camera.
it was HILARIOUS!
P.S
DON'T make me study any more!
i'm soooo antsy!