Brad, Lisa, Makenna and Tanner

Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Sea World Surprise!

I joined my family on a quick but absolutely fun trip to San Diego. My brother Spencer and his family ( who live in Utah) already had the California trip planned, and then My parents, My sister Erin and her girls, and me and Makenna joined them in San Diego for the last few days of their vacation. The best part was that none of the kids knew about us meeting up! What a fun surprise for all of them to get to go to sea world with their cousins! We all missed Brad and my brother Jordan that couldn't join us.
OK here are a ton of pictures!
 The first night at our awesome hotel!
 Makenna sprawling out on the king sized bed.
 Waiting for the Shamu show
Matt, Dad, Spencer, Emily (Scott and Rhett were in the splash zone)
 Macey, Paige, Hailey, Whitney, Makenna,Erin and a hiding mom.
 Discovering so many new things!
 All the cousins!, they all have so much fun together, it is so fun to watch. This trip was the first time Spencer and his family got to see Makenna, so that was pretty special.
 Checking out the dolphins.
The oldest (12) and the youngest (7 months)!  Scott was particularly fond of Makenna. He is kept asking to hold her and helped to keep her happy. He was such a sweetie! 
 Cute!
Missy Kenna was such a trooper! She was so good being carted around from place to place. 
 The Mormon Battalion museum has been recently renovated. It was actually really cool! 
 Matt and Whitney Panning for Gold
  Hailey and Rhett are best buds
 Grandma was Makenna's special helper on the trip. Here they are at the beach.

I decided to go on this trip at kinda the last minute, and I'm so glad I did. It was such a treat to see Emily, Spencer and all their kiddos. I seriously had a blast.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like a WONDERFUL trip! I'm glad that you decided to go. Makenna's yellow swimsuit is adorable.

Julie Rowse said...

It looks like you had a great time! Makenna is probably the cutest member of the battalion ever. Love that smile.

Allison said...

I'm so glad you went! It's fun to see all the pictures.

Tonya's Territory said...

I'm so glad that you were able to go! It looks like you had a blast. It's always fun to spend time with family. And, if Makenna did well, I wonder how Eden would do! :):):)

Erin Willis said...

Best trip ever! So glad you two got to come along! The only thing that would have made if better is if Brad and Jordan were there too.