Brad, Lisa, Makenna and Tanner

Monday, September 16, 2013

Tanner Rex Shumway

Tanner Rex is here!
Born on September 11th 2013.
5:53 Pm
6 lbs 20.5 in
 My water broke early in the morning, but I wasn't sure at first. I even went to work that day but obviously was a little distracted and came home early to go to the hospital to check and see if it had.
Well It obviously had and Tanner was born early that evening.
  I was a little sad that he was going to be born on September 11th because of all the history that that day holds. Someone told me later to think of it as he was born on "a day of heroes". That is a nice way to think of it.


 








4 comments:

Sarah said...

So sweet. I loved seeing all of the pictures. I can't wait until I can meet him!!

Tonya's Territory said...

September 11 is also now a day of service. I think he just wanted to change the way you think of that day. Now it's also the day you got a handsome little boy in your life. I like the day of heroes, too. There are so many positive spins we can put on it now! What a wonderful gift he is! I love it! And, I love your family! Remember I'm around and willing to help! Take care!

Julie Rowse said...

So sad he'll be big by the time I get to meet him!

Lisa Hall said...

He's so sweet! I wish I could hold him. You guys have such a cute family.