Brad, Lisa, Makenna and Tanner

Monday, August 3, 2009

Mt. timpanogos

Saturday we hiked up to Timpanogos cave.



It was very cold in there!


This huge stalactite is called the heart of Mt. Timpanogos. It has a legend about it concerning an Native American maiden named Utahna. This is my Grandma's name. We discovered on this tour that this "legend" was written by a BYU professor in 1922 to try to help people gain interest in the caves. 1922 was the year my Grandma was born, so we are thinking this might be where her name came from.

What a great Face!

4 comments:

Liz said...

And I thought you were kidding about your Grandma's name! I guess not! Sounds like a fun trip you are having. Enjoy the cool weather. My family was up in Ogden last week and were really bummed to come home to the 110+ degree weather.

Allison said...

Looks like it was a fun trip! I'm glad you had one last hurrah before starting up school again.

Sarah said...

I'm glad that you decided to take the trip with your parents. You deserved one last bit of fun before school started. By the way, how are those injections going? :-)

Julie Rowse said...

I'm glad you had such a fun trip, Lisa!