Today is my sister Brooke's birthday, who past away from cancer 18 years ago. She would be turning 28 today! I was only 3 when she past away so most of my memories are probably stories from people telling me, but I do have a few. I also have a brother, Scott, who is the oldest of my siblings, who also past away of cancer when he was three and would be 35 now. It's something I think about, where would they be now, what kind of lives would they have led. Though my memories of my siblings are limited I still love them and feel like I know them. One of the testimonies I gained at an early age is that our families can be eternal, and that we can all be reunited again.
So in honor of Brooke, who wore a wig while she was going through chemotherapy, my Sister Erin and her daughter Hailey and I have been growing our hair out to donate it. I'm going to give mine to locks of love and Erin is giving hers to the American cancer association through Pantene (they only require 8 in.). Yesterday was the big hair cutting event and here are some of the pictures.
Before


Hailey went first... this is her 3rd time donating. She has only had 3 haircuts her whole life and she is almost 8.

After: 10 inches

Erin went next

8 Inches!

After

My turn

All of the lovely locks!

After: Donating 12 inches!

From behind


I think we are all so excited to finally have our hair cut! It has taken a long time to grow it out, but it was worth it!
So in honor of Brooke, who wore a wig while she was going through chemotherapy, my Sister Erin and her daughter Hailey and I have been growing our hair out to donate it. I'm going to give mine to locks of love and Erin is giving hers to the American cancer association through Pantene (they only require 8 in.). Yesterday was the big hair cutting event and here are some of the pictures.
Before
Hailey went first... this is her 3rd time donating. She has only had 3 haircuts her whole life and she is almost 8.
After: 10 inches
Erin went next
8 Inches!
After
My turn
All of the lovely locks!
After: Donating 12 inches!
From behind
I think we are all so excited to finally have our hair cut! It has taken a long time to grow it out, but it was worth it!
8 comments:
What a cool experience. I LOVE your hair Lisa and Erin's is so cute too!
Such a great thing to do together, and in honor of Brooke. I think all the haircuts turned out very cute!
i already commented on facebook, but i love it lisa. good cause. you're adorable.
Very cool! You're hair cut is adorable!
What a special reason for a hair donation! Thank you for sharing your feelings about your siblings. You have a wonderful reunion to look forward to in the future. Love you, Lisa.
Your hair looks great!! You can pull off long and short!
You all look beautiful! What a sweet story and a great cause to donate to. You are amazing!
Oh, I love your haircut! It is stunning!
Post a Comment