Brad, Lisa, Makenna and Tanner

Monday, October 18, 2010

Makein it and Lovein it!

Recently my Sister-in-Law, Sarah, introduced me to this very cute crafty blog. "Make it and Love it"

http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2008/11/tutorials.html


I've had lots of fun looking through it and getting Ideas. (It's a real shame that I don't own a hot glue gun or more of those projects would come to pass.) I saw a tutorial for these silk flowers and I added that to my list of things I wanted to try someday. Then, this past Friday at our relief society craft night, it was one of the crafts, I was so excited!




They are so fun and easy to make! I put a clip and a pin on it so it could be put on a headband, sweater, bag, just about anywhere. I was excited about it, so I thought I would share.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

It's so cute! You need to go steal (borrow) my mom's glue gun and sewing machine so you can make some more of this stuff. She never uses them anyway. Ask her. I've enjoyed this site - I made 2 tissue box covers, recovered my mouse pad, and made a pleated pillow so far. I sure wished you lived closer!!!

Julie Rowse said...

That looks so cute, Lisa! You're very talented.

Allison said...

I thought those flowers were so cute too, and plan to try them. Yours turned out great! As for the glue gun, I didn't have one forever, and finally bought a mini one at Joanns with one of the 40% off coupons. It was actually really cheap, and works well enough for the projects I do.

Rex and Diane said...

You can borrow the one we have here. Dad

Lisa Shumway said...

Yeah I know, glue guns are really cheap. I've got my eye on one already:)

Wendi and Matt said...

You are cute and I love it!! Good job!!