Brad, Lisa, Makenna and Tanner

Friday, April 13, 2012

6 months

I just can't believe Makenna is 6 months old! Now when I see little tiny babies in the store, I can't believe she was that small. At her well visit today the nurse who was giving the shots said she has never seen a baby get so mad when she was giving shots. Makenna was blowing/spitting bubbles at her ( she does this when she is mad.) I couldn't help but think, that's my feisty Makenna.
Her 6 months Stats:
Head Circumference 42 1/2 cm  61%
Weight: 16 lbs 12 oz   64%
Length: 26 3/4 in  84% 
Looks like we have a tall girl on our hands, thank you Butler genes.

First swing
Makenna currently likes to lick her toys.
She really likes her solid foods and is preferring them over milk
she likes sipping out of her sippy cup and gets totally soaked in the process 
She can roll over, but prefers to stay on her back.
Any day now she will be sitting up on her own
She likes it when anyone claps for her.
I love her big open mouth smile and cute dimples.
She has such a lovely singing voice ( her high pitched squeal)
She is finicky with her day time naps, but still sleeps good at night.
She might be kinda feisty and wild, but she is also a "Little sweetie" as Brad likes to call her. 
She is such a blessing and we just love her so much!

5 comments:

dorabutler said...

I LOVE THIS LITTLE SWEETHEART SO MUCH. SO HAPPY SHE IS PART OF OUR FAMILY.

Allison said...

What exactly are you saying...that the Shumways aren't tall? I guess you have a point.

I love this little sweetie too and am glad I get to see her so often!

Julie Rowse said...

She is just beautiful. The video in the store was great. I'm glad she's got some spunk!

Sarah said...

Maybe she'll get the best of all of the Butler/Shumway genes. Seems like a pretty cute combination!! I love her!!

Jessica said...

She is so cute! U guys look like ur doing great!